Most of us use web browsers on a daily basis to check emails, share videos and images, net banking, Facebooking, online shopping and much more. Everytime you visit a site, you’re the browser tends to store the information. Simply put, the browser stores information about the sites you visit so that the required information is already available for you to navigate around these websites, when you revisit them. But the problem is this information – or cache data/memory – keeps accumulating and clutters your device’s storage space and slows it down. Therefore clearing cache data on android on a regular basis is really important.
What Is Cached Data?
Cache data is an information which you gather from a website or app that are stored on your smartphone, tablet or a computer. It is stored on your device or system, so that the next time when you visit that app or website, it will be available there.
But the question is, how safe is it to clear this data from your system or device?
Clearing cache is as such a safe practice. Clearing the cache in a specific app should not be a problem as app data can be regenerated by their own mechanism. However, clearing client-server cache take loads of time to regenerate the data. So, basically it depends from where you are removing cache data. If you are removing it from your PC or smartphone, then it should not be a problem. On the other hand, if it is a client server or a heavy application, then do not perform that until and unless it is really necessary to do so.
Benefits Of Clearing Cache In Smartphones:
There are numerous advantages of clearing cache as mentioned below –
- First of all, you are able to free up some of your precious storage space.
- Second, an uncluttered phone will automatically perform better. Applications you don’t use can be can be removed by clearing cache. Vicious web pages that become slow or stop responding too are removed.
- Last but not the least, when you remove cache, then you can open the latest version of the web pages. If you don’t clear it, then you are not able to view the latest version of web pages
Clear Cache In Smartphone With These Steps:
- Go to the “Settings”.
- Click on the “storage” option.
- Click on “cached data”.
- A pop up window will be open on your screen.
- To delete the cached data, click on the “OK” button.
- The data will be erased.
Cache Cleaner Apps for Android:
You can also install Android cleaning apps from Playstore. They not only clear cache memory but boost the overall phone performance.
And if you are still struggling with cache memory on your Windows or Mac, help is just a call away.