Does setting up a printer seem like a complex task to you? Well, not anymore as this article covers a step by step illustration to ease down this process.
So without waiting anymore, let’s start with Windows 7!
- Click on the Start button, and then click on Devices and Printers.
2. In the Devices and Printers window, click on the Add a printer
3. In the Add Printer wizard, click on the option Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.
- Windows will display a list of available printers.
- Select a printer from the list, or click on the option The printer that I want isn’t listed to find the desired printer. (To find a printer, proceed to step 6).
Read Also: How to Activate Hotspot on Your Windows PC
- To find a printer which is not available on the list, perform the following steps:
- Select the option Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname, and then click on the Next (Note: Don’t forget to consult the printer list to find printer’s IP address.)
- Enter the IP address in the Hostname or IP address text area. (As we type the address, Windows also adds the address automatically to the Port name text area, as shown in the example below.)
- IP Address can be found on the Printer as well:
- On the printer, press the Menu or Setup
- Use the appropriate buttons to navigate your way to a networking or network setup option and press Enter.
- Use the arrows to navigate through the available network options, and select TCP/IP or IP address to view and change the IP address settings.
- Your printer’s IP address should be listed in this section.
- Install the driver for the printer by selecting the printer’s manufacturer from the Manufacturer and then the model number. (If the model number of the printer isn’t listed, click on the Windows Update button to list additional printer models.)
- Click on the Next
- Enter a descriptive name for the printer in the Printer name text area or leave the name that is already filled in, then click on the Next (In the example below, “Xerox WorkCentre 7345 PCL6” has been entered for the printer name.)
Note: – We can change the printer name at any time. We should see the following window showing that Windows 7 has started the process of installing the printer:
- In the next window, make sure that the option Do not share this printer is selected, and then click on the Next
9. If the printer was added successfully, we should see the following window:
- In the message window shown above, click on the Print a test page button if we want to print a test page to verify we can print with the printer, and then click on the Finish
- To cross verify we can view the new printer listing by clicking on the Start button, and then clicking again on Devices and Printers. We should see the entry for our printer.
The process of adding a printer on windows 10 is comparatively easier and involves just a few number of steps.
- To connect to a printer on a network, select the Start
- Select Settings > Devices > Add a printer or scanner.
- Choose the one you want and select Add device.
If your printer connects to your PC by a cable, just plug it in. Your printer will connect automatically, and your PC will download the right drivers.
Then start printing right away!
In case you get stuck in midst of any of the above steps then give us a call on our toll free number (US, Canada) to seek instant tech assistance.