It gets really frustrating when you are stuck somewhere, and while booking a cab to head home your iPhone just shuts off at that very moment because of a dead battery. Such kind of scenarios often make us think, “if only the battery lasted a while longer”. We could have made our last call, booked the cab and reached not be stuck somewhere in the cold. All of us, at some point or another must have experienced such a scenario!
So how convenient it would be if there was a way to effectively manage our battery usage. Fortunately, yes thanks to Apple there is a solution this problem. How to increase iPhone battery life.
Manage apps according to battery usage:
With just a slight bit of awareness about how you use your iPhone and what apps you’re using on it, you can save your battery’s life for few more breaths.
- Launch Settings and tap on ‘Battery”.
- Wait for a quick moment till the battery usage is calculated.
- A list of all your apps will line up along with the battery consumption percentage. Say WhatsApp is consuming 23%, Instagram is consuming 11% and so on.
- The list is bifurcated into two tabs- One is of “Last 24 hours” and other for “Last seven days”.
- If we tap on the “Last seven days” tab, we can have a closer look at the battery consumption over time.
- There is also one clock icon at the right side of the screen. By tapping on it we can see for how much time a particular app was active.
Read Also: How to use Guided Access on iPhone
How to Reduce the Background activity?
Agree or not, but the background app refresh feature of iOS is our only culprit for reducing battery life from our phones. There is a way by which we can easily restrict and reduce the amount of background activity to make our iPhone’s battery last longer-
- Launch Settings and tap on “General”.
- Tap on the “Background App Refresh” feature.
- Turn OFF any apps background refresh feature as you want. Say, if you think that Facebook is using a lot of your iPhone’s battery then you can easily shut it OFF from this panel.
Some Quick Tips:
There are lots of things your phone can do that will cause your battery to drain faster — and you might not even use some of them. Here are some common useful tips to make your life easier-
- Disable the Bluetooth.
- Reduce the Screen Brightness.
- Turn off the notifications for apps which you don’t use on frequent basis.
- Disable the Wi-Fi when not in use.
- Use the Low Power mode.
- Keep your phone charged and don’t wait up for your battery to drain out completely.
- De-activate background app feature of commonly used apps.
Hope the above tips will help you in conserving battery for a longer duration. Let us know your feedback in the comments section below. For any other assistance you can give us a call on our toll free number 855-765-7610 (US, Canada).
We’ll be glad to assist you!