Nobody likes being surrounded with piles of junk scattered all around your house. Sooner or later we do arrange to clean it up and get rid of the mess. Same goes with our smartphone too! Even our smartphones are occupied with tons of junk files which needs to be taken care of to enhance the overall performance of our phones. Android users are at an ease of relief in this case as they just need to get rid of the cache memory of their phone but there is no such explicit option available for iPhone users. But worry not, as this article covers useful ways by which you can delete the junk files of your iPhone. So now cleaning the junk files will not be a hassle anymore. Just follow any (or all) of the below mentioned procedures-
- Clear history and Website Data
Often the cookies and website browsing history occupy a considerable amount of storage space of your iPhone. Removing this information can thrive to increase your iPhone’s performance.
- Tap the Settings icon on the home page.
- In the Settings window locate ‘Safari’ and click on it.
- As soon as you arrive on Settings window locate the option ‘Clear History and website data’.
- After clicking a pop up box will arrive on screen seeking your permission.
- If you accept it all your history and junk files will be deleted from your iPhone.
- Clearing Safari History
If Safari is the only browser to which you stick upon for browsing, then this might help to get rid of the junk data-
- From the home screen tap on the Safari icon.
- In the Safari at the bottom most menu you will find a bookmark option. Click on it (the icon is usually looks like an open book).
- In the Bookmarks window click on the ‘history’ option.
- In the History tab you will see one ‘clear’ option placed at the bottom right corner of the window. Tap on it to, accept the confirmation to clear the browsing history of your iPhone.
- Eliminating Active apps
While using our iPhones for a couple of days we often forget to close the bunch of opened apps in the background. They do take up a substantial amount of storage space as while an app is active some temporary files are running in the background.
- Land on home screen and double tap on the home button.
- A thumbnail list of all the active apps will appear which are running in the background.
- Tap and drag each of them in an upward direction to shut the corresponding app.
- Once you are done closing all the apps tap on the home button again to resume normal working.
- Remove apps
Deleting and re-installing a particular app can help in getting rid of the ‘documents and data’ storage. By removing the app, we can bring it to its default size, let’s learn how-
- Tap on settings from the home page.
- Click on General option and in the window locate usage option.
- On the Storage window a list of all apps will appear, select and click on the app which you want to remove.
- Then click on the ‘Delete app’ option.
- Reset iPhone
Resetting your iPhone is the last resort for freeing up the extra storage crawling upon your phone’s memory.
- Tap on Settings>General.
- In the General tab tap on Reset.
- You will see various options locate and click on ‘Erase all content and Settings’.
NOTE: All the media and data files will be deleted after clicking this option so think twice before confirming the pop up.
Cleaning up the junk data can actually increase your iPhone’s performance. So don’t wait up, follow any of the above methods to use your phone efficiently.