Most of us are having a Wi-Fi connection at home, which consume a lot of our monthly expenditure for the internet plan. Not only for PC but we do need data plans for our mobile phones, iPads or tablets too. How great it’ll be if we just pay for one data plan and use the connection for all our other devices (that too free of cost). The magic of hotspot allows us to connect our device’s internet connection and share it with other nearby devices. Let’s learn more about hotspot in the following section.
What is hotspot?
Hotspot is basically a technique that allows a certain user to gain/share internet access of some other device’s network connection via a wireless Local network(WLAN). The webopedia dictionary states that a hotspot is a geographic location in which the access points provide public wireless broadband network services to mobile visitors through a WLAN. Hotspots are basically used at populated places such as airport, hotels, hospitals etc. For example, you can turn your Pc into a hotspot and connect your phone to it for using internet.
Read Also: How to Fix PC Troubles
How to turn your windows PC into hotspot?
Our windows PC can be converted into a wireless hotspot to allow other devices to connect with it. The process of activating hotspot works differently for various windows versions.
Thanks to the windows 10 anniversary update, we now just have a single switch to turn our Pc into a Wi-Fi spot.
- Go on the settings page and click on “Network and Internet”.
- On the left most side of the screen you will find an option of “Mobile hotspot”, select and click it.
- After selecting the mobile hot spot option on the right hand side of the window you will see a switch of “share my internet connection with other devices”, turn it ON.
- Just below this option you will see and “edit” button which can be used to set a new password for hotspot (other than the default one).
- Go wireless-Your Windows Pc is now converted to a hotspot!
Know Also: How to Create Strong Password
You will see a lack of attractive graphical interface of windows 8 but the process is pretty much the same.
- Press the windows + R key and press and “ncpa.cpl” in the dialog box.
- As soon as the network connection window will open, right click on your wireless networks’ name and select properties from the drop down menu.
- Switch to the sharing tab and select “Allow other network’s user to share with this computer’s internet connection” and it’s done!
In windows 7 a hotspot is created using an ad hoc network.
Read Here: How to switch to safe mode?
- Go to the start menu and search for “network”.
- The network window will open then click on “Create and ad hoc network connection”.
- Switch to the sharing tab and select “Allow other network’s user to share with this computer’s internet connection”.
- Your window Pc can now connect to nearby devices.
Hope this article was useful for you and still in case you are stuck anywhere just grab the phone & give us a call on our toll free number.