Google’s recently released video calling app Duo has stolen the thunder of Facetime and Skype. It is nonetheless but Google’s counterblast response to its other rival video calling apps. The app works wonders with its perfect blended combination of incredible simple interface and unique features. Google Duo allows us to communicate with our friends, family and colleagues very easily as it is a cross platform application. Now you don’t need to worry about whether your friend owns an iPhone or android smart phone. The app is compatible with iOS as well as android operating system. The app gives you the liberty of connecting with anyone anytime, all you need to do is to install the app in their phone and you’re all set to go. So now let’s quickly learn how to launch Google Duo on your phone.
How to use Google Duo?
The app’s popularity has already crossed over 5 million downloads on play store. So why wait more and let’s start connecting-
- Look out for the Google Duo app in the play store or AppStore depending upon your smartphone’s operating system.
- Once it’s installed, launch the app and fill in your personal details.
- As soon as the app is launched you will see your live image capturing the screen (enabled by your front camera) accompanied by a big video call button at the bottom of the screen.
- To make a video call you just need to tap that button, select the contact name with whom you need to connect and get going!
- As soon as the call is answered you’ll see a couple of options hovering over the screen.
- One to mute the sound, to switch the camera mode and a big red circle to disconnect the call.
- So download now and start yapping!
The most distinguished feature of the Google Duo app is the Knock Knock preview option. It lets you have a quick glance to look over who is calling you, as you are able to see the caller’s live streaming even before you answer the call. With this unique feature you can now see what your friend is actually doing or by which mood your boss is calling you!
In case you are making the call a little notification will pop up on your screen asking for your permission whether you want to enable the front camera or not. You can even disable this option in the settings page if knock knock isn’t really your thing. But the feature will not be person dependent i.e. either it will be enabled for all your contacts or for none at all.
Read Also: Tips to Create A Strong Password
What makes the Google Duo a Lightning Hit? Why you actually might want to use it?
- The most remarkable change that Google Duo has brought is of bridging the gap between the iOS and android users. The app is platform independent which makes the video calling process a whole lot easier.
- Google Duo is competing with its rival in a quite well manner by providing an end-to-end encryption security to users. All our conversations will stay protected and secure from prying & pokey eyes.
- For using Google Duo, you don’t need to create a separate account like for Facetime you need an iCloud account for skype you need to create a Microsoft account. There is no such fuss for using google Duo. All you need is a phone number and you’re ready to go.
So now waving your friends a hello is much more simpler!