Ever felt an urge of displaying your mobile phone’s content onto your living room’s grand TV screen to have a big & better viewing experience? Love playing games on your phones? Imagine your favorite game running over your bedroom’s giant TV set (that too in HD) so that you can sit back and relax to undergo a gala gaming experience. All this is now easily possible with Google’s small yet incredible device called Chromecast.
What is Chromecast?
A Chromecast is basically a puck shaped device specially designed for entertainment junkies which lets you stream your mobile phone’s content on your television set via your home sweet home’s Wi-Fi network. You just need to plug the device into your TV’s HDMI port to have enhance your screening experience. You can also use the Chromecast to stream the video content from YouTube, Netflix, Google Play Store etc. In addition to that you can also use to display your chrome browser’s content on your big screen. So with Chromecast you can now watch your favorite movies, TV shows, music and games and throw them on your television screen.
How it works?
The Chromecast acts as an intermediate device between your TV and streaming service provider. Say you want to play You Tube’s content then the Chromecast will find the materiel from the internet and will source it to your television set.
Know Also: How to Activate Hotspot on Your Windows PC
What are the technical requirements?
All you need to run Chromecast is-
- A Television set which is HDMI port enabled.
- A Chromecast stick.
- Stable Wi-Fi connection.
- A computer or mobile device (android or iOS).
The device comes along with the following essentials-
- A USB power cable with micro USB connector.
- A power supply with USB 2.0 port.
- HDMI extending cable.
When should I use Chromecast?
Chromecast is ideal to use in situations when you are streaming some video or content on your mobile phone or tablet and suddenly you feel the urge of curling up in your living room area to watch the same content on big screen. But if you prefer to watch the TV in old fashioned way via cable and DISH Network then Chromecast is not your kind of thing.
Is the Chromecast stick affordable?
Yes, the Chromecast stick is easily affordable by just a bare cost of approx. 35 dollars. If we add up the price of subscription plan amount than you can expect it to be 15 dollars monthly. You can buy the chrome stick directly from a store or even order it online.
Know More: Google Duo – Everything you want to know
With Pros come Cons too!
Here are a few limitations of the Chromecast which you might put in consideration-
- There is no on-screen interface available with the Google Chromecast. However, there are a few apps which now guide you through the interface.
- If you’re a professional gamer than it might not solve your problem as there are some games which are not supported by the Google Chromecast. It does not support a gaming console either so if you are looking forward to buy a chrome stick for gaming purpose then maybe buying a PlayStation would be a better option.
- The Chromecast mobile apps are only available for android and iOS platform.